2019 Indiana Health Advocacy Coalition Conference
August 28 @ 9:00 am - 3:30 pm
Join us for the 2019 Indiana Health Advocacy Coalition State Conference: Health, Data, and Justice. This year’s conference will have a focus on the use of data in legal interventions, especially in medical legal partnerships. Our keynote speaker is Breanca Merritt, PhD, the founding director of the Center for Research on Inclusion & Social Policy (CRISP). Dr. Merritt will discuss how data informs her work in addressing inequality. Several health and justice advocates will discuss how data informs the work they do. This conference is geared towards practitioners across disciplines- health, legal, non-profit, social work. Additionally, all learners (law students, public health, social work students, medical students and residents, etc.) are entitled to free admission—see below for details. A draft agenda can be accessed here.
Participants in this conference should be able to:
- Identify the core framework for addressing health harming legal needs.
- Formulate a plan for creating and sustaining a medical legal partnership.
- Identify specific health-legal interventions on a current issue: Lunchtime plenary panel on lead poisoning and legal advocacy.
- Understand the value of data in addressing social determinants of health and how that applies to opportunities for justice.
- Cost of Attendance is $50.00
- All students and residents should enter the code “LEARNER”
- Light Breakfast and lunch will be provided
- Free and convenient parking will be available at the conference venue
- Check-in begins at 9:00 AM, and the program concludes at 3:30 PM
- If you are interested in becoming a financial supporter, please contact email@example.com for more information.
The Indiana Health Advocacy Coalition – bringing dedicated people of diverse professional backgrounds together to enhance patient-centered care in Indiana. Visit us at www.ihac.info.