If you have a pending court case at this time, be aware that you can track closings on the Indiana State Bar Association COVID-19 webpage. In addition to sharing Supreme Court petition approvals (emergency requests from local courts), the State Bar (ISBA) is working with county bar presidents and state groups to provide all communication coming out of local courts. Here’s a link to their webpage.
Also we have learned that because so many courts are NOT in session and operating exclusively online, this should NOT prevent survivors from filing for Emergency Protection Orders. Protection Order E-Filing has gone live and can be found here. Judges can log into the system from their location and rule on those orders from where they are.
It remains to be seen how long this will last or what hearings will be held this month or next, but we will keep you posted. For now, check back with the link above and with your local courts for more information.
- COVID-19 Responses and Resources from the Indiana Judicial Branch
- Indiana Supreme Court Order (recommendations for trial courts)
- Directory of Courts and Clerks in Indiana (for court contact info)
- COVID-19 Resources for the Legal Community from the Indiana State Bar Association
- Press release from Indiana Judicial Branch