- This event has passed.
WEBINAR: The Spectrum of Prevention in Rape Crisis Centers: Risk Factors and People with Disabilities
March 26 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
- Skye Kantola, MESA Program Coordinator
- Cierra Olivia Thomas-Williams, ICADV Prevention Specialist
- Haleigh Rigger, Indiana Coalition Against Sexual Assault and Human Trafficking (ICESAHT),Rape Crisis Coordinator
- Intersections of Sexual Violence Primary Prevention and Disability Justice;
- Risk Factors for Sexual Violence for People with Disabilities, including intellectual and developmental disabilities (Task Force Lit. Review);
- What can and should Rape Crisis Centers do?
75% + of the population of people with disabilities will experience sexual violence in their lifetime. Despite such high victimization rates, there is a dearth of sexual violence research including people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. The Indiana Abuse Prevention Disability Task Force (APDTF) completed a literature review of sexual violence risk factors for people with disabilities including developmental and intellectual disabilities and member panelists of the APDTF will highlight the findings. Haleigh Rigger, Indiana Statewide Rape Crisis Coordinator, will discuss what RCCs can do to engage in primary prevention of sexual violence within their agencies and in local communities.