Research shows that safe, stable, and nurturing relationships and environments support optimal child development, have the potential to reduce child abuse and other forms of violence, foster resilience among youth who have experienced trauma, and prevent substance abuse behaviors in adolescence. ICADV has developed a number of materials that help promote safe, stable, nurturing relationships and environments – from brochures and posters to an activity that can help communities and groups identify what makes them fee safe, stable, and nurtured. We believe these materials can help promote and implement effective prevention strategies that change the physical and social environment and inspire all of us to treat each other with compassion and respect.
Each kit includes the following materials:
- 100 English brochures and 50 Spanish brochures, explaining the concepts of Safe, Stable, and Nurturing Relationships and Environments
- 6 posters (2 different designs) promoting Safe, Stable, and Nurturing Relationships and Environments
- What Surrounds Us, Shapes Us activity materials and instructions to help you facilitate a conversation with your community partners or youth about Safe, Stable, and Nurturing Relationships and Environments
- 100 English brochures about the Skin-to-Skin Contact program ICADV developed as an example of an easy way to promote Safe, Stable, Nurturing Relationships in a community
- 6 posters (3 different designs) promoting the Skin-to-Skin Contact program.
It is our hope that by providing these materials to communities throughout the state we can begin to build a strong foundation for substantial policy and culture change that will ensure that all students in Indiana have the opportunity to thrive.