Roles & Responsibilities:
The Case Manager (CM) works primarily with all clients (residents located at Sheltering Wings and non-residents located in community settings and at Haven Homes) in building the support and structure needed to build safety, stability, and independence. CMs assess client’s strengths and needs and facilitate the connecting of that client to the available services and resources. Often, CMs work as a facilitator rather than a provider of client services. Teamwork is critical to this position as the CM works closely with not only the clients but also peers, leadership and volunteers to coordinate the needs of the clients. All positions at SW are expected to uphold both the vision and mission of Sheltering Wings.
In-House Crisis Intervention Support
1. Conducts domestic violence assessment and facilitate safety planning as appropriate and/or make referrals for crisis care as deemed necessary.
2. Serves as backup to answer crisis calls when other staff is not available.
3. Serves as on-call; Covers shifts as needed, according to the on-call schedule.
4. Ensures continuity of care and services while cooperatively sharing all pertinent information, in collaboration with Advocates and CISAs.
5. Mediates conflicts between residents in a non-threatening and Christ-centered manner, in conjunction with Advocates.
Case Management, Needs Assessment & Planning:
1. Maintains a caseload based on the need for services
2. Conducts initial Assessment with each new client within required time frame
3. Maintains at least weekly personal contact with residents to ensure needs are known/met through referrals or provision of services in conjunction with Advocates/CISA.
4. Maintains personal contact with non-residents through the mobile advocacy program at a minimum of once a month to ensure needs are known/met through referrals or provision of services.
5. Completes documentation within required time frame including intakes, needed assessment tools, case notes, services, referrals, safety planning, and exits.
6. Supports clients and/or their families to facilitate achieving self-sufficiency matrix goals and developing life skills. CMs also empower and equip clients to achieve their goals in a manner that maximizes client success and well-being.
7. Facilitates life skills classes as assigned by Case Management Manager.
8. Secure interpretation services or other accommodations as appropriate to ensure all clients have access to all programs and services.
9. Counsels clients as they work to secure permanent, safe, affordable/supportive housing (Rapid Rehousing, Permanent Supportive Housing, etc.).
10. Provides transportation to emergency and essential appointments for clients as appropriate.
11. Works directly with Case Management Manager and Operations Manager for proper management and payment of services to landlords and utility companies.
12. Composes or prepares correspondence, case notes, narrative and technical reports, notifications, and related documents using computer-based applications.
13. Conduct comprehensive, client-centered social work activities in accordance with best practices.
Community Involvement for Resourcing/Referrals:
1. Develops and maintains effective and healthy relationships with outside referral sources for clients in crisis needing support services in the areas of, but not limited to, employment, financial assistance, healthcare/mental health, housing, job skills, and education.
2. Stays abreast of community resources and procedures for referring clients to appropriate resources, may include attending community meetings.
1. Completes all assigned tasks within allotted deadlines.
2. Maintains a clean and uncluttered workspace/office.
3. Completes any other tasks as requested to fulfill Sheltering Wings mission of service to survivors of domestic violence.
1. Cooperatively works with volunteers.
2. Keeps Client Track system up to date daily.
3. Refers to Facility Emergency Manual for emergencies and crisis that may arise and responds appropriately, in accordance with the policies and procedures to ensure safety of all residents.
4. Attends all meetings, classes or training required by management.
5. Adheres to agency requirements as written in the Employee Policy and Procedure Manual.
6. Honors the Agency Statement of Faith.
7. Completes tasks as requested to fulfill Sheltering Wings mission of service to survivors of domestic violence.
Physical Requirements of Position:
1. Ability to be able to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
2. Ability to walk or move about the grounds of the shelter, as needed.
3. Travel will primarily include client meetings and community meetings in Central Indiana. Reliable transportation is required.
4. High energy as position does require the ability to be called on moment’s notice.
Direct Supervision of Position(s): No direct supervision.
Qualifications for the Position
1. Full commitment and dedication to the mission statement of Sheltering Wings.
2. Bachelor’s degree in a Social Services field or equivalent.
3. Minimum of 2 yrs. case management experience or a minimum 5 yrs. experience working in a public/social service organization.
4. Proven networking, teamwork, multi-tasking and follow-up skills.
5. Works effectively with individuals from various backgrounds, cultures, lifestyles, ages, religious beliefs and economic situations.
6. Experience working with evaluating human needs quickly.
7. Excellent interpersonal skills (listening, coaching and leading).
8. Proven experience in a professional environment requiring organizational, computer, written and oral communication skills.
Preferred but not required:
2. LSW, LBSW, or equivalent
3. Knowledge of city, state and federal domestic violence service systems, policies and issues.
4. Knowledge of domestic violence-related issues and philosophy.
5. Understanding of the effects DV has on survivors’ thoughts and behaviors.
6. Prior Crisis Intervention experience.
Send Resume and Cover Letter to: Amy O’Hearn, Operations Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org